Tuesday 11 March 2014

An introduction to new media and cybercultures

I've read the first few pages of  'An introduction to new media and cybercultures by Pramod K. Nayar'
and got to this...

"As the internet, digital media and cyber cultures become 'normalized', domesticated, and integrated into the everyday life of individuals and organizations, we need to understand how they affect that everyday life"

It made me think about memes and their popularity on the internet and I wondered if you all had heard about them before? It also makes me think about textspeak/SMSlanguage and how some people even say LOL or CBA out loud, I guess that would be an ideal example of how digital media has integrated into everyday life.














Lee


1 comment:

  1. I don't know why the images aren't working but I tried uploading it a couple and its still not working, odd

    ReplyDelete